University of Rochester Administrative Asst to the Sr. Assoc VP in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Assoc VP Office of Facilities
8 AM-5 PM
Serves as principal assistant, providing office supervision and coordinating support service; manages the general office and related administrative services of a large academic department; manages specialized support functions in a University service department, a college or large project; performs related duties.
- With general guidance as to the priorities and using independent judgement, manages the time and calendar for the Senior Associate Vice President (SAVP). Has authority to accept appointments and to use good judgement to reprioritize schedules based on specific need. Controls access to the SAVP.
- Prepares SAVP by tracking dates, deadlines and commitments. Works with Director staff proactively to collect data, documents and information needed to meet future SAVP commitments. Schedules appropriate time for preparation and review prior to events or deadlines.
- Schedules meetings and events sponsored or requested by the SAVP. This includes securing the location, agenda, materials, technology and catering if applicable. Arranges travel and conference registration. Prepares expense reports for SAVP and reviews director level expense reports for accuracy prior to SAVP signature. May be required to attend and provide a record of selected meetings either verbatim or summarily.
- Special projects on behalf of the SAVP. This may include collecting, collating and development of data into presentation form. This may require working across Facilities teams or with those outside the Organization or the University. May be asked to track progress against stated goals or division initiatives.
- Responsible for representing the office of the SAVP in a professional manner to a variety of internal and external constituents, which will include senior officers of the University including the President's office, Deans, Directors, staff, students and members of the community. This requires a person with sound judgement, attention to detail, outstanding communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Serves as Administrator for the building logistic needs and communications to building occupants. Has dotted line oversight to all other administrative staff. Is the point person for all IT, data and technology needs for the building with both internal Facilities and external University technology teams.
- Routine administrative duties including handling mail and correspondence, director level payroll, distribution of contact information, inventories office supplies, orders business cards and equipment, manages service contracts. Support for employee recognition, appreciation and retention programs.
- Collaboration with Administration and Finance administrators on special projects and routine matters.
College graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training. 1 year of relevant administrative experience, 5 years preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Administrative Asst to the Sr. Assoc VP
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 209412
Full/Part Time: Full-Time