University of Rochester Administrative Asst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Space & Strategic Plng Med Ctr
8 AM-5 PM; SOME WKENDS
With general guidance as to priorities, manages the time and calendar of the Associate Vice President of Space Planning. Reorganizes and maximizes allocation for completing demands on time, referring matters to be handled by others, on behalf of the Associate Vice President. Represents the Associate Vice President in making routine selections and decisions.
- Works independently. Responds to correspondence including specific requests about the Medical Center space and project related issues. This often includes investigative efforts to insure that correct information is passed along, as well as appropriate follow-up work. Devises methods and procedures necessary to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the office.
- Represents the Planning Office by acting as resource for inquiries, both internal and external, concerning the Associate Vice President's position and responsibilities. This often requires quick judgments and decisions, in order to satisfy the inquiry in a timely manner. Relays the Associate Vice President’s preferences, concerns, and decisions to others.
- Screens telephone calls, analyzes the situation making judgments affecting the outcome, and re-directs to others when appropriate. This requires patience and an understanding of Medical Center and University organization and policies.
- Plans and arranges for meetings, special events, consultant visits, candidate interviews, including arrangements for facilities, equipment, travel and accommodations for consultants/candidates. Prepares and coordinates schedules with appropriate senior management and department heads.
- Performs various other administrative/secretarial duties including typing correspondence and reviewing mail and routing to the appropriate individuals for follow-up.
College graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training; 1 year (prefer 2-3 years) administrative experience. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proficiency with Windows based environment (MS Word, Excel, Email); ability to handle multiple priorities; good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Administrative Asst
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 210187
Full/Part Time: Full-Time