University of Rochester Administrator, PPH and SBHC in Rochester, New York
Part Time 36 hours Grade 055 SON Ctr Nursg Entrepreneurship
8 AM-6 PM
This position serves as the business and clinical operations manager for Passport Health (travel medicine program) at the University of Rochester office and School-Based Health Centers at East and Frederick Douglass High Schools. Passport Health (PPH) and School-Based Health Centers are part of the Center for Nursing Entrepreneurship (CNE) in the School of Nursing. Responsibilities include oversight of business operations including resource allocation, financial management and efficient flow of daily operations. The administrator establishes policies, procedures and processes for PPH and SBHCs and implements and monitors achievement of strategic objectives. The administrator will work collaboratively with the program and School of Nursing leadership to assure efficiency and quality of service delivery in multiple settings.
Under general direction of the Senior Associate Dean but with considerable latitude to exercise independent judgment, The Administrator serves as administrative lead and business manager for PPH and SBHCs. Specific, responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the efficient operation of business lines and offices. Ensures efficient use of resources through continuous operational and procedural improvements; ensures efficient, effective, client centered service.
- Develops productivity models, targets and metrics and monitors achievement.
- Oversees all billing operations including charge collection and posting, billing and collecting from clients, and accuracy of encounter forms from nurses. Supervises office staff use of Quickbooks for billing, revenue, and vaccine inventory management in PPH.
- Evaluates financial performance and projections. Makes recommendations for cost containment. Provides recommendations of expansion opportunities; including assessing resources and financial projections.
- In collaboration with Sr. Accountant and staff accountant for SBHCs, prepares, monitors, and controls budgets.
- Assists in facilities planning; determines need for and recommends equipment, repairs, supplies and clerical and other support staff. Initiates requisitions and represents PPH and SBHC in obtaining support services.
- ln collaboration with SON resources, performs marketing and public relations for PPH.
Clinic Operations & Management
- Responsible for clinic protocol for PPH. Establishes internal audit practice and adapts clinical policy and procedure as required. Assures compliance with regulatory agencies as required. Participates in the monitoring of state and local legal requirements with respect to services provided (NYSIIS databases, E-Scripts, NYS Health department protocols, etc.); introduce technologies that streamline care and processes.
- Is responsible for the overseeing operation of PPH and SBHC offices. Represents and responds on behalf of the dean, director, or SON to inquiries involving departmental policy, regulations, procedures, etc.
- Maintains liaison with URMC entities important to clinical operations of PPH and SBHCs.
- Plans and coordinates administrative staff meetings, conferences, training sessions etc.
- In collaboration with CNE Finance, works with UR Purchasing and vaccine vendors to negotiate best pricing and volume discounts for PPH; monitors and evaluates usage to optimize purchasing opportunities for best price and to minimize waste. Approves orders of clinical and office supplies and equipment.
- Supervises PPH office support staff and SBHC staff accountant, including interviewing, hiring, and training; addresses developmental needs of staff; conducts performance evaluations; provide routine feedback about performance and employee recognition programs.
- In collaboration with clinical lead, designates, deploys and oversees clinical resources/personnel based on volume and need to assure appropriate coverage for clients.
- Writes MOUs for new business clients of PPH; including but not limited to negotiations of specific contract terms, invoicing, costing, etc.
- Oversees measurement of contract performance; work with appropriate staff to improve performance against established metrics. Researches data; prepares analytical reports; determines and implements policy/practice changes for improvement.
- Oversees management of NYS grants received for SBHCs. Assures compliance with contract terms and conditions.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years relevant experience including at least 2 years at a managerial level; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree, equivalent course work, or specialized experience in an appropriate field related to the assignment is desirable.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Administrator, PPH and SBHC
Location: School of Nursing
Job ID: 209447
Full/Part Time: Part-Time