University of Rochester Analyst/Programmer Trainee in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 079 University IT / IS
8 AM-5 PM
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Trainee will assist in supporting all areas of identity and user account management. This includes assisting with the troubleshooting, implementation and operational support of University managed directory stores.
Under direction of management, with some latitude for independent technical initiative, this individual will assist with the following services:
- Assist with daily provisioning and deprovisioning of accounts for employees and non-employees. Each requires independent judgment and assessment prior to creation while using account and identity matching tools.
- Interpret customer requests and contribute to system design requirements. Recommend workflow changes and enforce policies based on daily interactions.
- Will assist with administration of vendor management and two-factor systems. Requires working independently with 3rd party vendors and collecting compliance attestations and documenting sponsorship while creating accounts. This includes design and implementation of workflows for remote access (VPN), two-factor authentication and privileged account management.
- Investigate and recommend solutions to automate manual provisioning/deprovisioning processes.
- Maintain and organize documentation.
- Prepare test plans, test data and integrated test scripts to support unit and quality assurance testing.
- Stay abreast of new technology and all growing aspects of Access Management and Account security.
- Provide on-call and after-hours support as required
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
AAS degree in Electronic Data Processing and prefer 1 year of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with MS Active Directory, PowerShell,user account provisioning processes and identity management role-based access control is preferred.
- Experience with relational databases, LDAP, application servers, access management systems and integration with existing applications and systems is preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer Trainee
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 211401
Full/Part Time: Full-Time