University of Rochester Analytics Architect in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 056 Info Systems SMH
8 AM-5 PM
The Analytics Architect is a technical leader within the Data & Analytics group, a cross-functional team where teamwork, collaboration, balancing competing priorities, and continuous learning are the norm.
Primary goals of the position are to:
- Establish standards and best practices for the design and implementation of data and analytics solutions
- Develop, maintain, and evolve the analytics architecture blueprint, which includes enterprise information management and analytics
- Guide technical decision-making, implementation, and quality management across both enterprise information management and analytics delivery
- Lead investigative, R&D;, and pilot efforts in the areas of enterprise information management and analytics delivery to support evolving clinical, financial, operational, and research analytics and information needs
Position works under the direction of the Data & Analytics Senior Director. Position works in collaboration with Analytics Program Manager, project managers, technical leads, and clinical, financial, operational, and research stakeholders.
Responsibilities include establishing technical direction for the Data & Analytics group, coaching and mentoring team members on tools and processes, and maintaining an architectural blueprint for the scope of tools and solutions contained within Data & Analytics.
- Develop, maintain, and evolve the analytics architecture blueprint, which includes enterprise information management (data modeling, data storage, data flow, data integration, data profiling, data quality, master data management, metadata management, etc) and analytics (querying, reporting, dashboards, visualizations, data discovery, statistical analysis, data mining, data science, etc).
- Develop the medium-term and long-term strategy for enterprise data platform and analytics platform in conjunction with ISD leadership and key stakeholders.
- Translate strategic direction and high-level designs into project tasks with estimates, considering skills and experience of team members.
- Establish standards and best practices for the design and implementation of data and analytics solutions.
- Coach team members on enterprise information management and analytics architecture, standards, and best practices to optimize delivery of quality solutions.
- In conjunction with the Project Director, Data Governance, develop processes and procedures around data standards, metadata, metrics, and definitions.
- In conjunction with the Project Director, Data Governance, develop data quality program including assessment, rules implementation, and monitoring.
- Lead investigative, R&D;, and pilot efforts in the areas of enterprise information management and analytics delivery to support evolving clinical, financial, operational, and research analytics and information needs.
- Lead requirements specification and assessment of potential new vendors and tools in the areas of enterprise information management, reporting, analytics, advanced analytics, and data science.
- Act as a technical advisor and participate as needed in development/testing efforts within the team to maintain consistency and continuity.
- Work with Analytics Program Manager and project managers on risk mitigation plans and issue management plans.
- Facilitate effective working sessions with team members to reach project and team objectives.
- Analyze pros and cons of design alternatives to present sound recommendations and rationale based on the architecture trade-offs (scalability, reliability, reusability, maintainability, etc)
- Collaborate with infrastructure team on monitoring, performance tuning, capacity planning, security, backup/restore, disaster recovery, archiving.
- Create and review conceptual, logical and/or physical data models and solutions architecture diagrams.
- Develop and oversee adherence to coding standards and quality management process for technical solutions
- Guide technical decision-making, implementation, and quality management across both enterprise information management and analytics delivery areas
- Coach and maintain a positive influence on project team members and stakeholders for accountability and action at all times.
- Participates effectively as a "Team Member".
- Makes presentations to ISD staff on work-related issues.
- Serves on committees and attends meetings as requested.
- Meets established deadlines.
- Utilize team standards, guidelines, processes, and templates in daily work.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to the team, department, and organizational results.
- Follows all lSD administrative standards (such as timely time sheet preparations, completing time away requests, completing annual mandatory educational requirements, etc.).
- Adheres and subscribes to the ISO Values as stated in the Values Statement.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering, and 4-5 years of related experience, preferably 2-3 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical field
- 8-10 years experience as a developer in areas such as software/application development, database administration, interfaces/integration, reporting/analytics, or data warehousing
- 8-10 years experience with office productivity tools including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, and Sharepoint
- 5-7 years experience as a technical lead or architect in enterprise information management technologies (e.g., ETL, data quality, master data management, data modeling, database creation, metadata management)
- 5-7 years experience as a technical lead or architect in enterprise analytics platform technologies ( e.g., reporting, OLAP, query tools, data discovery, visualizations/dashboards, data mining, data science, statistical analysis)
- 3-5 years experience in a data warehousing environment
- 1-3 years experience in object-oriented programming
- 1-3 years experience with FHIR, web services, Hadoop, NoSQL, and/or unstructured data technologies
- Articulates data quality, master data management, and metadata management concepts clearly
- Articulates statistical analysis, data mining, and data science concepts clearly
- Possesses advanced SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS skills
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, written and oral
- Possesses coaching/mentoring skills for a technical audience
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies/trends and products and summarize for presentation to technical audiences
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in an environment with competing, concurrent priorities
- Motivated and self-directed to develop deliverables with minimal oversight
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Analytics
- 8-10 years experience as a technical lead and/or architect in such areas as database administration, interfaces/integration, reporting/analytics, or data warehousing
- 8-10 years experience with data modeling, database creation, and/or ETL development
- 8-10 years experience with query/reporting tools, online analytical processing (OLAP) and/or data discovery tools
- Experience with enterprise architectures
- Experience with R, Python, Spark, SAS, and/or Stats
- Experience with a visualization platform such as Qlik, Tableau, Birst, etc
- Experience with an integrated enterprise information management platform such as Informatica, IBM, Talend, etc
- Experience with an integrated analytics platform such as SAP Business Objects Enterprise or IBM Cognos
- Experience with business-oriented metadata tools (e.g., IBM Business Glossary, Informatica Business Glossary, Collibra)
- Experience working in the healthcare industry is highly desirable
- Experience working in healthcare operations, either clinical or revenue cycle
- Experience working with healthcare provider or payer data
- Experience with enterprise data governance programs and infrastructure
- Experience with both cloud and on-premise installations of tools and infrastructure
- Knowledge of i2b2 research platform
- Knowledge of Epic Chronicles, Clarity, and/or Caboodle platforms
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Analytics Architect
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210027
Full/Part Time: Full-Time