University of Rochester Associate Director, Adv & Community Affairs in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 056 Ofc Sr Vice Pres Advancement
8 AM-5 PM
Reporting to the Senior Director of Advancement for Golisano Children's Hospital, the Associate Director of Advancement and Community Affairs is responsible for the oversight and strategic management of the third party events that are for the benefit of Golisano Children's Hospital. The Associate Director will engage in fundraising, stewardship and communication and public relations activities. The Associate Director will oversee a volunteer committee that he/she will recruit and train to represent the hospital. Third party events currently raise over $1,000,000 per year. The Associate Director will work with the Senior Director to cultivate and solicit groups and individuals capable of providing major gifts to priorities of $100,000 or more.
The Associate Director will also meet regularly and serve as a major point of contact with various professionals at the Golisano Children's Hospital. These include the social workers, nurses, faculty and child life professionals. The Associate Director will lead the effort for the annual Stroll for Strong Kids event held in early June of each year that raises close to $500,000 each year.
- Manage existing 200 community stakeholders and identify constituencies that are regionally based that will continue to fortify the pipeline for the existing $1 million annual revenue and beyond
- Recruit and train high potential volunteers, inclusive of Golisano board members, to represent the hospital at various community events
- Oversee and coordinate check presentations with Public Relations
- Establish and maintain reputation as point contact for all community-based fund raising initiatives for Golisano Children's Hospital
- Identify and cultivate groups and individuals who have major gift potential
Stroll for Strong Kids Event:
- Manage all aspects of one of the premiere events that serves as one of the largest fund raising events at the university level and medical center. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, team recruitment, event logistics and sponsorships
- Analyze fund raising trends that impact overall dollars raised and adjust strategy accordingly
- Lead, train and motivate a volunteer committee to help facilitate functions that lead to the success of the event
- Solicit existing and develop new corporate sponsorships, at the level of $5,000 and above.
- Engage with internal caregivers, such as nurses, child-life staff, social workers and doctors to build relationships and touch points to increase family and patient giving, through participation or fund raising.
- Work with Public Relations to increase visibility of the event and encourage increased team participation
- Properly steward all sponsors, donors and participants, focusing on major gift prospects at level of $100,000 and above.
- The Associate Director of Advancement must have a bachelor's degree, Master's preferred and 5 -7 years of advancement experience at a University or College.
- Motivate others to act and contribute to a dynamic team environment
- Commit to the values and principles of the Advancement division
- Keeping the institutions priorities in mind, be donor centric and listen to the donor's interests and needs. Build trust and lasting relationships
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Associate Director, Adv & Community Affairs
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 209851
Full/Part Time: Full-Time