University of Rochester Asst Supvr Imaging X-Ray in Rochester, New York
Full Time 36 hours Grade 097 Imaging Sciences-General X-Ray
Under the direction of the General X-Ray Clinical Manager, and with latitude for the exercise of independent judgment, participates in the management of the technical, administrative, quality and personnel management functions of the imaging section. The Assistant Supervisor primarily provides general supervision and technical support to the Imaging section. Ability to function at the highest level of a staff technologist as needed.
- Provides direction to Imaging technical and support staff to ensure smooth and compliant operation of assigned area. Works closely and in concert with IS Nursing, Clerical, IT, Faculty and staff to achieve maximum productivity with efficient and safe patient throughput while maintaining optimal customer and patient/family satisfaction. Keeps abreast of new developments within General X-Ray as well as imaging sciences in general. Considered a subject matter expert in downtime procedures and act as super-user when new equipment or programs are introduced to the department.
- Adjusts equipment and determines proper imaging techniques in order to produce images of the highest quality. Reviews data for accuracy, troubleshoots problems as well as discrepancies and reports to all vested parties.
- Oversees daily operations with accountability for the professional conduct and technical performance of personnel. Counsels and directs personnel as needed.
- Serves as a clinical consultant to General X-Ray staff providing real time guidance to ensure high quality imaging and patient safety guidelines are met.
- Assists in assignment scheduling of personnel.
- Assist in timekeeping and payroll functions.
- Manages inventory and compliance of all General X-Ray equipment. When appropriate completes the daily calibration of imaging equipment as guided by manufactures and Joint Commission standards.
- Escalates and responds to patient care concern. Reports issues to senior leadership as appropriate.
- Participates in the interview and performance review process.
- Provides supervisory coverage for their area in the absence of the Manager.
- Participates in appropriate meeting and committees, participates in preparing their department for regulatory surveys, encourages staff education to improve the quality of care delivered in Imaging Services.
Satisfactory completion of formal training in an approved School of Radiologic Technology. Maintains current NYS Licensure and ARRT certification with CE credits as required. Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible work experience within the field of Imaging Sciences.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Asst Supvr Imaging X-Ray
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210119
Full/Part Time: Full-Time