University of Rochester Call Ctr Representative in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Dentistry Central Billing
8:30 AM-5:30 PM
Responsible for answering a high volume dedicated patient appointment telephone line for a large academic dental clinic adhering to specific guidelines unique to each dental subspecialty. Monitors and assures that all functions are completed in an accurate efficient and customer friendly manner. Is proficient at use of the Axium system and is a resource to new staff. Perform various related clerical duties.
Performs duties of Outpatient Access Associate as required by departmental needs. Achieves and maintains proficiency in provision of excellent customer service, accuracy of data, and efficiency of work.
- Performance analysis: Coordinates daily efforts to edit and correct registration errors, ensures accuracy of patient schedules, and identifies ways to reduce follow-up, repetitive or corrective work.
- Training: Provides training to other clerical staff on all aspects of department-specific work, including orientation to registration and customer service. Acts as information resource for all Departmental staff in regards to registration activities. Attends educational programs for department at direction of supervisor and teaches other staff.
- Appointment scheduling: Maintains and updates appointment scheduling resources, reports to Supervisor suggestions for increasing efficiency, allocates rooms to providers as available, coordinates multiple schedules and monitors for changes in availability and overbooking, and coordinates and schedules procedures and tests. Retrieve messages from the appointment message line and return calls as indicated. Cancel and reschedule patient appointments. Book specialty appointments from waiting lists, referral forms and agencies.
- Financial account management: Where appropriate, follows-up with providers to reconcile discrepancies, and provides recommendations to Supervisor for updates to schedule and processes. Inform patients of EDC policies regarding appointment attendance, emergency services and patient payment responsibilities. Follow unique guideline documents prepared by each subspecialty. Verify insurance prior to scheduling appointments.
- Customer Interaction: When a patient have clinical questions, assess the urgency of a situation and determines the appropriate routing for the patient, serves as a focal point for handling complaints, utilizes service recovery concepts, serves as front-line problem solver.
Other duties: DCBO- Iron Mountain files, Box up file cabinets as needed, daily mail, deposit log, file deposits, trips to finance, refunds for faculty practice, other office assistant duties as assigned.
High School diploma and 2.5 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Dental terminology experience desirable. Demonstrated ability to word process documents and enter data into a database. Demonstrated skills related to achievement of customer satisfaction. Ability to act as a resource to less experienced staff.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Call Ctr Representative
Location: Eastman Dental Center
Job ID: 211313
Full/Part Time: Full-Time