University of Rochester Clinical Dietician in Rochester, New York
Part Time 24 hours Grade 052 SON Ctr Nursg Entrepreneurship
8 AM-6 PM
Provides direct care services to clients in the Center for Employee Wellness (CEW) in a variety of settings and using a variety or care delivery modalities. Will perform comprehensive Nutrition Therapy and design individualized nutrition recommendations to meet clients' goals. Promotes healthy lifestyle choices about nutrition and designs programs to reduce risk of disease or to promote self-management of chronic diseases using the principles of healthy eating. Will work with both individuals and groups in achieving healthy lifestyle choices. Works in a fast paced, collaborative environment where discipline specific expertise is valued and independent practice is realized. If you have a passion for promoting individual wellness and healthy communities, this might be the job for you.
Employee Wellness – Condition Management and Lifestyle Management
- Conducts comprehensive assessments of nutritional status for individuals:
- Designs individualized goals to improve health and nutrition.
- Designs client specific recommendations to improve health and nutrition:
- Integrates information from various sources to formulate an individualized nutritional plan for each client.
- Integrates cultural needs of individuals into a nutritional plan of care.
- Evaluates outcomes of nutritional care with client.
- Utilizes holism as the approach to designing the plan of care and providing client care.
- Involves other team members, as needed, to assure delivery of comprehensive services.
- Uses technology effectively to meet client needs.
- Communicates with other service providers, as needed.
- Represents the University of Rochester School of Nursing at health events; fosters support and enthusiasm for participation in wellness programs.
- Stays current with best practices in nutrition, and the health and wellness field.
Employee Wellness – Group Programs
- Assesses nutritional interests of groups
- Integrates related components into presentations such as
- Designs and delivers group presentations
- Uses various modalities in the delivery of group presentations.
Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition, Foods and Nutrition or equivalent and completion of 1 year dietetic internship experience or equivalent; registered or registry-eligible by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, the credentialing agency of The American Dietetic Association. Clinical nutrition experience in a health care setting preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Clinical Dietician
Location: School of Nursing
Job ID: 214039
Full/Part Time: Part-Time