University of Rochester Customer Service Representative/Systems Monitor in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Support Operations-Fac & Svcs
2:30 PM-11 PM; WKENDS/HOL POSSIBLE
Receive telephone communication, monitor building automation alarm systems, create work orders and dispatch appropriate personnel via pager, telephone and/or radio. The Customer Service Center is a 24-hour, seven days a week operation responsible for all University of Rochester facilities, including Strong Memorial Hospital, Medical Center, River Campus, Properties, South Campus, Eastman School, Memorial Art Gallery, and other buildings.
Answering Service Calls
- Answer telephone, e-mail, and web-based service call requests from members of the university community.
- Answer service calls for Medical Center Housekeeping Department during evening and night shifts, all shifts during weekends, and other times as required.
- Answer calls on the “mechanic hot line” from mechanics and/or supervisors for support as needed.
- Answer service calls for Computer Support from Facilities community and dispatch to appropriate information technology staff.
- Answer calls from the Snow Emergency Hotline during winter months and update customers on the conditions of the lot/sidewalk maintenance.Dispatch to grounds crew as needed.
- Answer calls on the emergency response line during emergency exercises and actual emergencies.
- Answer calls for the UF&S; Daily Absence List that is posted on the University Intranet.
- Answer routine, non-facilities related phone calls and queries from members of the University Community.
Dispatching Service Calls
- Dispatch service calls via Pagenet paging software system to appropriate personnel.
- Dispatch service calls via two-way radio and cellular phone.
- Enter service requests into FAMIS database system.
- Dispatch waste management service calls to University waste management vendor.
- Dispatch elevator service calls to elevator vendor via web-based system.
- Interact with Strong Memorial Hospital Page Office as necessary for issues surrounding life safety alarms; patient TV.
- Interact with University Security as necessary for life safety situations, emergency preparedness response issues or special alarms.
- Follow specific dispatching requirements that have been established for particular situation
Monitoring Building Automation System
- Monitoring and interpret alarms (life safety, routine, etc) received on building automation system computer terminals.
- Review maintenance alarms continuously throughout shift and dispatch to the appropriate mechanic.Severity of alarm is based on a color coded system (i.e. red = life safety, pink = urgent, yellow = standard, blue & green = normal, orange = out of service)
- At the beginning of each shift, representative is responsible for printing out a hard copy log of alarms received during that shift and the previous shift, reviewing the alarm log to make sure no calls were missed, and taking appropriate action for any alarms identified that were not dispatched.
Other related duties
- Review, internally post and communicate Facility Alert Notifications to the University community.
- Daily update of Service Call Board and daily/weekly review of On-Call Board.
- Review e-mails received in the Customer Service Center e-mail box periodically throughout the shift.Based on information received, updates need to be made to the Service Call Board.
- Update and post UF&S; Daily Absence List on the University's Intranet.
- Notify senior management of any utility, fire or any other emergency situation.
- Insure that replacement representative is briefed on all ongoing situations during shift change.
Requires 1 year of relevant post High School education or equivalent and 1-2 years of related experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Customer Service Representative/Systems Monitor
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 210167
Full/Part Time: Full-Time