University of Rochester Dental Assistant (S) in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 026 Dentistry Urgent Care
8 AM-5 PM
*Job Summary: *
Assists and anticipates the needs of dentists and post-doctoral residents with the provision of patient care in a fast paced clinic. Assists in the coordination and operation of the Clinic.
- Chair side dental assisting for faculty and post-doctoral residents.Anticipates armamentarium, specific equipment, material and supply needs for the patient and provider.
- Expose, develop, mount and label x-rays. Duplicate radiographs, as needed. Document in system.
- Maintain orderly and sanitary work environment.Clean and maintain equipment, chairs, cabinets, hoses and floors.
- Assists in the timely preparation of pertinent forms, reports, and documents.Accurately manages health history input into system.
- Anticipates day to day activities, coordinating with all other staff to maintain a satisfactory level of responsiveness to patient needs.Considers and prepares for the complexity of each visit and/or procedure and the time frame required so that the Clinic/Patient schedule may be maintained or modified as needed.
Graduate of an accredited school of dental assisting. Prefer 1 year experience as a dental assistant. Ability to speak Spanish desirable, but not required.
- Ability to work and interact in a culturally diverse environment
- Personally committed to understanding and meeting the unique needs of patients.
- Ability to complete duties within the specified timeframe and maintain the established clinic schedule
- Ability to communicate well with staff and patients
- Ability to work outside of normal established work hours on occasion.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Dental Assistant (S)
Location: Eastman Dental Center
Job ID: 210218
Full/Part Time: Full-Time