University of Rochester eRecord Willow/Beacon Analyst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Info Systems SMH
8 AM-5 PM
The Clinical Pharmacist will be a member of Information Technology's eRecord team with responsibility to build, test, implement, and maintain a decision support tool for adult medical oncology chemotherapy pathways. This platform will integrate with Epic Beacon to provide real-time decision support for providers and provide valuable tools for quality/value data analytics and population health management for cancer care throughout the Wilmot Cancer Institute (WCI) and UR Health network.
Under the direction of the leadership of Information Systems Division (ISO), WCI, and Department of Pharmacy, the pharmacist will be responsible for the protocol mapping build within the chemotherapy pathways platform. The pharmacist will work with clinical staff and eRecord Analysts to analyze and update current eRecord build and provide end user support. This position will operate under guidelines of process improvement, patient safety, and standardization, advise on design flow for the components of the system, and review training materials for the implementation. This position is an independently functioning individual with knowledge of clinical process flow involving chemotherapy/biotherapy medications, and oncology operations.
Attaining and maintaining Epic certification in both Willow Inpatient and Beacon is required.
Epic Beacon, Willow Inpatient, and 3rd Party Software Build and Maintenance
- Build, test, and maintain the adult medical oncology chemotherapy protocol mapping within the 3rd party system and Epic.
- Build, test, and maintain Beacon protocols, Willow Inpatient medication records, and associated build.
- Obtain approval for and implement build changes per ISD process.
- Other build/maintenance as needed and developed.
Clinical Pharmacy IT Project Management
- Participate in the installation, implementation, maintenance and upgrade of the decision support tool for adult medical oncology chemotherapy pathways.
- Work with WCI, ISO and Pharmacy management teams on oncology IT strategic planning as it relates to adult medical oncology chemotherapy pathways.
- Define, document, and implement testing requirements.
- Assist with developing and maintaining detailed policies on down-time procedures.
- Trouble shoot operational issues, questions, and problems with pathways platform as well as Beacon and Willow Inpatient applications. Communicate and coordinate problem solving with appropriate internal and external sources. On call responsibilities will be during both business and non-business hours.
- Contact appropriate individuals for assistance when solution is beyond his/her expertise or authority.
- Thoroughly resolve problems with appropriate communication to all pertinent staff in a clear and concise manner.
- Advise WCI, ISD and Pharmacy management on impact of system issues on patient care and department operations.
- Additional duties as may be required.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering, and 4-5 years of related experience, preferably 2-3 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Doctor of Pharmacy Degree with 3 or more years of oncology experience OR Bachelor's Degree with 5 or more years of oncology experience. Residency experience preferred. New York State Pharmacy License (or eligibility), experience in pharmacy information systems applications and previous experience including end user with an EMR or EPIC or outpatient pharmacy systems is ideal.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: eRecord Willow/Beacon Analyst
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210053
Full/Part Time: Full-Time