University of Rochester General Pediatric Clin Operations & Finance Admin in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 OPD Pediatrics
8 AM-4:30 PM; SCHEDULE MAY VARY BASED ON OPERATIONAL NEEDS
Serves as the lead administrator for Golisano Children’s Hospital at Strong General Pediatric Division clinic (14,000 patients and 28,000 visits per year), DSRIP initiatives, Telehealth and REACH programs with direct financial and operational oversight for all hospital-based and faculty practice programs. Provides financial and operational oversight for the administrative functions of offsite GP ambulatory locations including space and staff allocations, renovations, equipment maintenance and evaluations, supervision of front-end administrator and staff, patient flow and patient satisfaction initiatives. Directly monitors all operating and capital budgets, faculty and staff productivity, URMFG United goals and objectives. Works collaboratively with the nurse manager to ensure all budget and regulatory Joint Commission requirements are met.
- Oversees all on-site and off- program operating and capital budgets including budget development approval of all expenditures, review of volume, revenue and expense trends, develops business plans for new programs and incremental resources.Works with Division Chiefs and Directors to review faculty, NP and ancillary staff productivity including schedules, and work RVU’s.
- Oversees the efficient operation of pediatric ambulatory locations including space, staff and equipment allocations, patient flow, technology and equipment maintenance.Assist Ambulatory Medical Director with implementation of PI initiatives.
- Works in conjunction with Medical Director to implement all Medical Home, DSRIP and third party payer metrics and achievement of optimal patient outcomes.Reviews trends in Press Ganey / Divisional surveys and develops, approves and oversees implementation of strategies to improve patient and referring physician satisfaction.
- Oversees the front-end and care management staff of approximately 15 Outpatient Access Specialists, care coordination and Telehealth staff.
- Develops, negotiates and manages all contracts and leases for practices including faculty, staff, space, staffing, equipment and supplies.
- Develops and oversees standard policies and procedures for all ambulatory operations in order to achieve hospital, URMFG and regulatory agency goals.Serves as a resource to division administrators.
- Assist billing manager with improving practice operations including scheduling and use of practice management systems including IDX, AllScripts, Televox etc that drive revenue cycle management
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree, equivalent course work, or specialized experience in appropriate field related to the assignment is desirable. 5 years’ experience including at least 2 years at a managerial level. MBA with 5-7 years’ experience preferred.
Demonstrated leader with progressive experience as a practice administrator – Ability to develop business proposals, analyze practice trends and physician and staff efficiency; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Superior knowledge of practice management, business planning, quality improvement in a clinical setting, productivity benchmarks, RBRVS, Practice Management Systems and EMR’s preferred; MBA with 5-7 years’ experience preferred. Must have reliable/efficient transportation for off-site meetings.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: General Pediatric Clin Operations & Finance Admin
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 211354
Full/Part Time: Full-Time