University of Rochester Human Subject Res Coord I in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Pediatrics M&D; Inf Diseases
8 AM-4:30 PM
Coordinates the activities associated with human subject research. May supervise others.
Under general direction within policy guidelines and approved procedures and protocols:
- Coordinates the administrative details required to initiate and conduct human subject research, such as, receiving, distributing, and explaining study information, including protocol, and human subject recruitment materials (i.e., brochures, advertisements, newsletters, etc.) to immediate team members and relevant others.
- Ensures all immediate and extended team members understand and adhere to all aspects of all approved protocols, procedures and standards for documentation and communication. Under general direction from the Principal Investigator, trains staff on details of protocol, including inclusion and exclusion criteria, informed consent procedures, study activities, process for source documentation and case report form (CRFs) completion, and adverse event reporting.
- Reviews and documents the dispensing and returning of study materials (such as study drugs and devices). Ensures additional training is provided to ensure changes to protocol and documents are communicated and adhered to.
- Assists in human subject recruitment and screening activities, including reviewing study site patient databases and office records for patients that meet the protocol inclusion criteria. May participate in developing recruitment strategies. May conduct telephone interviews to screen potential study candidates. Reviews medical chart history with Principal Investigator to verify inclusion criteria are met before enrollment.
- Conducts visits to ensure research participant adherence with protocol requirements such as taking of medications, proper use of device, and/or other interventional activities; to document adverse events and report to senior study staff, Principal Investigator (PI), Institutional Review Board (IRB), Sponsor and/or any other required recipients or entities; and to ensure all data are collected and secured within approved parameters and procedures.
- Acts as liaison with Sponsor’s Monitor: to provide data clarifications, to review study protocols, to ensure thorough understanding and communication, to respond to questions that arise during the study, to communicate and document adverse events as advised by the Principal Investigator, and to ensure regulatory and other documents (such as consent forms and CRFs) are complete, accurate and available for review. Communicates with Sponsor to clarify data queries to determine report format. Prepares for, participates in and serves as liaison for scheduled Sponsor monitoring visits (i.e., pre-study inspection, initiation, on-going and close out visits).
- Keeps current with all federal, state, sponsor and institutional policies and laws, standard operating procedures and guidelines, and makes recommendations. Demonstrates accountability for continuous learning in accordance with Good Clinical Practice standards and guidelines. Keeps current with industry standards, best practices, trends in therapeutic areas relevant to research studies; makes recommendations and implements changes as appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience in human subject research coordination; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of word processing and data analysis software preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Human Subject Res Coord I
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 213399
Full/Part Time: Full-Time