University of Rochester Imaging Suppt Spec in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 008 Imaging Sciences-Call Center
Is responsible for assisting patients with questions or complaints related to billing or charge issues. Activities focus on receiving inquiries from patients, researching and analyzing accounts, resolving problems as identified and making appropriate responses to patients.
- Receives, analyzes and responds verbally or in writing to patient inquiries resulting from telephone calls, correspondence and interviews related to all Patient Registration and Accounting Services issues. Exercises tact and judgment when communicating with patients.
- Acts as liaison between patients and staff within PRAS as well as other departments within the Hospital.
- Completes logs with all information pertinent to inquiries at the time it is received and productivity reports.
- If disposition of inquiry results in referrals of accounts to billing units, monitors actions taken to ensure billing is completed and then responds to patients.
- Notifies the department Supervisor if a pattern concerning a specific problem is identified and recommends corrective actions.
- Maintains related files and records and performs related duties including but not limited to, furnishing information to staff in other PRAS units and Hospital departments, completing surveys, productivity reports and special projects and attends relevant meetings as required.
Associate degree in a business field and 2 years of related experience with medical insurances and/or customer services; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to type 25 WPM. Prefer experience in medical terminology, healthcare, or insurance company experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Imaging Suppt Spec
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 211416
Full/Part Time: Full-Time