University of Rochester Information Dir, Procurement in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 056 Purchasing
8 AM-5 PM
The Information Director, Procurement is a technology visionary who anticipates future purchasing and supply chain technology needs and trends, and is responsible for driving strategic change consistent with the overall University strategy.
The Director will create technology business improvement plans for procurement, supply chain, University, Hospitals and Affiliates, and oversee the successful implementation of the Procure-to-Pay system, contracts software, spend analytics software, electronic signature technology and other technologies related to procurement and supply chain. The position leads the development of Procurement information systems/application programs, as well as identifying opportunities to standardize data and processes using technology. The Director ensures their team members are responsible for the integrity of system data, reporting, and collaborate on purchasing and payables policy, compliance, training and other technologies Procurement may implement. This role will collaborate with Accounts Payable (AP), Information Technology (IT), Information Service Department (ISD), and other departments throughout the University, to implement systems such as Workday and Jaggaer, maintain current systems and ensure the continuous development and enhancement of University Procurement technologies.
The Information Director, Procurement leads the Information Manager, Procurement and a team of Information Analysts who manage escalated end-user issues, supplier enablement, accurate item master information, electronic catalogs, contract pricing and changes, implement forms, and other activities appropriately reflected in the technology environment. This role will also be responsible for collaborating with the Customer Service Manager on platform training schedules to the University community.
- Under general direction and with considerable latitude for independent judgement and initiative.
- The position provides leadership to the senior Procurement team ensuring the integrity and availability of systems/applications used to support Procurement and Accounts Payable functions as well as other University and Medical Center departments.
- Leads in the development of Procurement systems/application programs, as well as identifying opportunities to standardize data and processes using technology.
- Directs the team to maintain and troubleshoot information systems, complete supplier setups, and support end user inquiries.
- Directs day-to-day monitoring, integrity, and maintenance of the Procurement and Accounts Payable technology suite.
- Leads team to develop technology strategy, policy and ensures implementation and compliance.
- Provides cross functional liaison expertise among procurement users, end users, and IT/technical support teams, serving as an application expert.
- Tracks Procure to Pay issues and proactively develop and implement solutions to prevent recurrence.
- In collaboration with the Operations Director, Procurement, establishes Level 1 and 2 guidelines and escalation criteria for the Customer Service area to appropriately route incoming inquiries.
- Selects, trains and assigns staff; establishes organizational structure, work schedules and priorities; conducts performance evaluations for direct reports; makes recommendations on personnel matters; assures compliance with established departmental policies.
- Analyzes current business processes, identifying and offering continuous improvement opportunities for existing processes.
- Leads the development, implementation, and testing of new system-wide Procurement and Accounts Payable tools/systems.
- Applies strong change management and relationship management expertise to sell ideas and communicate a compelling case for transforming the way in which the University operates its procurement function.
- Directs and creates training and continuous development of procurement staff on a regular basis.
- Keeps abreast of and evaluate regulatory/supplier changes and industry/application trends to develop strategic plans.
- Collaborates with other key stakeholders to develop and manage large scale integration and system enhancement projects for Procurement.
- Actively promotes the department and associated systems within the University and Medical Center to stay on the forefront of technology.
- Creates and delivers presentations to internal and external Senior Leadership including suppliers and University departments.
- Promotes Procurement in the various communication media within the University and Medical Center.
- Represents the Procurement Group at regularly scheduled project meetings and other supply and demand planning meetings.
- Provides support and guidance to other supply chain professionals including but not limited to tactical buyers and commodity leaders.
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years' minimum experience, preferably in Business Administration or IT; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA a plus, C.P.M. desirable.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Information Dir, Procurement
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 210181
Full/Part Time: Full-Time