University of Rochester Laboratory Technician III (S) in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 077 Ctr Musculoskeletal Research
This is a position in that requires diverse background and a modest level of independence. Good interpersonal skills are essential as this individual will be working closely with and in support of multiple graduate students and post-docs and human study patients. Good writing skills and professional data manipulation software are also highly desired, but training can be provided.
- Will assist surgeon in patient recruitment, sample handling and analysis of diabetic foot infection clinical study.
- Will need to be flexible with hours due to surgical schedule. Will collect samples from the OR and transport back to lab for processing. Will process these samples in the laboratory for cell culture and immunoassays.
- Will involve shadowing in the clinic and operating room.
- Maintenance of a detailed lab notebook with experimental detail, methods, data compilation and data analysis and interpretation included.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and organizational duties in the lab.
Associate's degree in appropriate discipline plus 2-3 years specialized experience in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Additional specific training will be provided.
Please send your resume to:
Dr. Irvin Oh
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics
Center for Musculoskeletal Research
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Laboratory Technician III (S)
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 210229
Full/Part Time: Full-Time