University of Rochester Licensed Practical Nurse in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 040 Regional Admin - South
A nonexempt position responsible for nursing care under the supervision of physicians and within the appropriate scope of practice. Performs the functions associated with the clinical aspect of a patient visit in Regional Operations. Direct patient care, documentation, administration of medications and injections, minor laboratory testing, cast removal, and communication with patients, health care providers, insurers, pharmacies and fellow staff. Occasional evening and weekend work is possible.
Direct Patient Care
- Escort patients to exam rooms.
- Review patient charts to anticipate health needs and organize flow.
- Obtain and record patient vital signs.
- Provide direct patient care services per scope of primary care practice.
- Perform required tests at the direction of the provider.
- Assist providers in performing exams, diagnostic procedures and treatments.
- Gather and relay instructions and information between providers, patients and families.
- Work alongside Orthopedic hand surgeon assisting in procedure, applying casts and splints
Administration of Medications and Injections
- Provide basic care as ordered by providers. Administer medications and treatments as directed and per scope of practice guidelines including injections (allergy, immunizations, and therapeutic).
- Review medications at time of visit as directed by provider.
- Maintain inventory of and order medications and medical supplies with attention to expiration dates and infection prevention guidelines.
- Return patient calls per direction of provider.
- Collect patient information and communicate with providers for direction.
- Comply with all URMC policies and procedures.
- Comply with standard HIP AA, OSHA and JCAHO regulations.
- Promote wellness by providing materials and communicating physician advice/instructions.
- Provide patient education at the direction of the provider.
- Collect specimens for laboratory analysis and accurate recording of lab requisitions.
- Record and maintain appropriate laboratory logs.
- Document interventions, patient/family responses, medications dispensed/prescribed, and testing results in electronic medical records (EMR).
- Monitor and follow up on electronic messaging promptly and accurately with appropriate documentation.
Education: Fulfilled the requirements to be a Licensed Practical Nurse in NY State.
Experience: Minimum one year of LPN experience, or 3 years on clinical tech experience with an LPN license.
License/Certification Required: New York State licensed practical nurse.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 210075
Full/Part Time: TAR