University of Rochester Med Technologist-Spec in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 097 Automated Lab
The Training and Education Coordinator oversees all aspects of training and continuing education of residents, new staff, existing staff, and Medical Technician/Technology students during their preclinical and clinical training. S/he coordinates review, update and/or creation of training information as well as education materials. The Coordinator assists in providing continuing education for all staff and maintaining documentation as defined by New York State Medical Technology Licensure. The Coordinator works closely with supervisory staff, training staff, scheduling coordinator and technologists/technicians to ensure all staff are properly trained to perform new procedures and operate new equipment and instruments.
- Coordinate and participate in new employee and Medical Technologist/Technician student orientation and training.
- Update all training information to reflect changes in policies/procedures and computer systems
- Maintain complete documentation of all training materials presented to new staff and students.
- Oversee the direction of trainers in collaboration with the Supervisory staff.
- Perform evaluations or provide input in the evaluation of new employees, trainers and students.
- Provide counseling to new employees, students and trainers as needed.
- Coordinate and participate in training and continuing education for staff.
- Oversee/assist in training of staff to perform new procedures, operate new equipment, instruments and computer systems in collaboration with Supervisory staff and trainers.
- Maintain complete documentation of all staff training in areas listed above.
- Organize continuing education material for staff to fulfill New York State requirements for Medical Technology Licensure
- Provide in-services on topics of interest to staff
- Develop competency quizzes as needed
- Provide support to Supervisors, Trainers and Technical staff.
- Assist in update of relevant SOP's as procedures change.
- Assist in development of new SO P's as new procedures, instruments and/or equipment are implemented.
- Assist with the organization and distribution of information to all staff regarding changes and updates to processes and procedures.
- Provide assistance and materials for continuing education opportunities as stated in the standards of performance.
- Work one on one with shift supervisors to provide additional training and education to staff who require skill development.
- Assist in the scheduling of training with input from the Supervisory staff.
- Act as the section's liaison with the Pathology Department Education Coordinator to facilitate student training and staff training related to NYS licensure.
- Perform all duties of a Medical Technologist II in the laboratory including participation
- in weekend and holiday coverage.
- Aforementioned duties and responsibilities are not intended to limit assignment of other work or duties as required to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
BS in Medical Technology with at least 1 year of relevant clinical laboratory experience preferred.
Requires NYS Medical Laboratory Technologist license or eligibility for licensure.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Med Technologist-Spec
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210306
Full/Part Time: Full-Time