University of Rochester Medical Technologist II in Rochester, New York
Full Time 36 hours Grade 094 Automated Lab
The Technologist is responsible for the timely and accurate test analysis using moderately complex methods and/or instrumentation. Reporting of results for patient samples is often interpretive in nature. They are also responsible for instrument maintenance/standardization, daily quality control and adherence to all laboratory policies.
- Analyzes patient samples using current, moderately complex
- laboratory methods/instrumentation
- Adheres to quality control and quality assurance protocols
- Reports results of patient sample analysis using computer/instrument interface options
- Performs the duties of a Clinical Technologist III or II as needed
- Answers telephone inquiries
- Participates in the training of other technologists, technicians and/or
- Performs instrument preventative maintenance as scheduled or needed
- Performs method/instrument troubleshooting as needed
- Punctuality and a good attendance record.
- Adherence to all University, Division and Department policies.
- Professional discretion with confidential patient results.
- Adherence to all laboratory safety procedures.
- Participation in continuing education.
BS in Medical Technology. BS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology with an advanced certificate of completion at a NYS designated program or an equivalent education and experience. Must be NYS licensed or eligible for NYS licensure in Clinical Laboratory Technology.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Medical Technologist II
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 213396
Full/Part Time: Full-Time