University of Rochester Mental Health Therapist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Psychiatry SMH Child/Adoles
VARIES; WKENDS AS NEEDED
Subscribes to the Department's goal of creating a culturally competent environment by treating patients, families, trainees, research subjects and co-workers in a sensitive and caring manner with appropriate attention to cultural differences. Participates in available events and trainings.
Direct Clinical Service:
- Conducts initial assessment and diagnostic evaluations of identified patients and their families as appropriate.
- Designs appropriate therapeutic treatment plans with clearly defined therapeutic goals.
- Conducts evidence-informed treatment with patients and families.
- Collaborates with outpatient team members to provide coordinated care.
- Completes all required clinical documentation.
- Assesses successful completion of therapeutic goals and plans termination of therapy accordingly.
- Meets minimum target for units of service set by service director.
- Collaborates with referral sources and other professionals both internal and external throughout patient care activities.
- Mobilizes family and natural support networks when necessary.
- Establishes and regularly maintains cooperative working relationships with community and health care agencies, as well as professional and administrative staff of the Medical Center and University.
Additional Professional Responsibilities:
- Maintains professional CEU requirements by reading, attending seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Competent eRecord User
- Attends weekly clinical/training/supervision meetings.
- Participates in Depa1tmental and programmatic diversity presentations and meets annual training expectations on diversity.
- Demonstrates commitment to the mission of the Depaitrnent of Psychiatry and University by modeling honesty and integrity.
- Personally committed to understanding and meeting the unique needs of external and internal customers.
- Contributes to the vision and mission of the Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Division.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Department of Psychiatry, Pediatric Behavioral Health & Wellness Outpatient Services policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with support staff regarding patient scheduling, fees, and insurance
Master's degree from a CACREP accredited program with major course work in mental health counseling and relevant experience working with children and adolescents with behavioral health concerns. Requires NYS license as a mental health practitioner or limited permit eligible; if licensure has not been obtained upon employment, the individual has 36 months to obtain and maintain NYS licensure. Requires NYS driver's license with clean driving record.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Mental Health Therapist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209181
Full/Part Time: Full-Time