University of Rochester Mental Health Therapist in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 053 Psychiatry SMH Crisis
SCHEDULE TBD; WKENDS/HOL AS NEEDED
Provides crisis phone services to individuals seeking assistance with a variety of psycho-social and/or mental health concerns. This program offers available crisis intervention, evaluation and referral services to mentally ill persons currently enrolled as a patient at URMC or a community member seeking services. This position will operate under general direction and with considerable latitude for independent judgment.
Direct Clinical Service:
- Answers Crisis Call Center phone line in a timely manner, collects a brief history and determines based on the initial assessment if the caller is at risk for harm to self and others.
- Follows designated work flows outlined in the Crisis Call Manual to provide each caller with the appropriate level of care.
- Participates collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide coordinated care.
- Documents treatment in clients' charts in compliance with Office of Mental Health (OMH), Program, Department, and Hospital regulations.
- Completes all required clinical documentation.
- Meets minimum target for units of service set by the Senior Crisis Call Center Mental Health Therapist.
- Makes referrals to inpatient Mental Health rehabilitation programs, as needed.
- Collaborates with referral sources and other professionals both internal and external throughout patient care activities.
- Mobilizes family and natural support networks when necessary(i.e. Mobile Crisis, 911)
- Establishes and completes loop of communication with current providers or community services worker by maintaining cooperative working relationships with community and health care agencies, as well as professional and administrative staff of the Medical Center and University.
Additional Professional Responsibilities:
- Maintains professional CEU requirements by reading, attending seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Competent eRecord User
- Attends and contributes to clinical/training/supervision meetings as needed.
- Adheres to communication protocols, organizational goals, and requirements for documentation.
- Participates in Departmental and programmatic diversity presentations and meets annual training expectations on diversity.
- Demonstrates commitment to the mission of the Department of Psychiatry and University by modeling honesty and integrity.
- Personally committed to understanding and meeting the unique needs of external and internal customers.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Department of Psychiatry policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with support staff regarding patient scheduling, fees, and insurance issues.
Master's degree from a CACREP accredited program with major course work in mental health counseling and relevant experience working in mental health counseling. Requires NYS license as a mental health practitioner (e.g. Mental Health Counselor, Social Worker LCSW). If licensure has not been obtained upon employment, the individual has 36 months to obtain the NYS license.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Mental Health Therapist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 211348
Full/Part Time: TAR