University of Rochester MS Career Consultant-Accounting & Finance in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 Simon Grad Sch CMC
This position has two primary roles: career consulting for MS students in Finance and other MS programs as required; and job development for students in these programs. The role involves career coaching, professional development programming, tracking student progress, employer relations, and representing the School's interests with alumni and members of the business community.
With considerable latitude to exercise independent judgment and decision making:
Coach MS candidates individually or in groups on job search skills
- Part of team that develops and offers [and supervises student career advisors in offering] career development programming on a 12-month annual cycle.
- Develop, promote, and deliver a variety of group activities and programs that meet student job search needs.
- Collaborate with CMC team, faculty, and student clubs to provide high quality programming to candidates
- Engage in on-going assessment of programs to continuously improve and personalize CMC programs for the MS candidates
Track employment outcomes
- Track [or supervise student career advisors in doing this] assigned student progress throughout job search and keep detailed spreadsheet and advising and referral notes in SimonWorks.
- Conduct outreach to students post graduation to follow up on career progress and present opportunities as identified.
- Provide relevant documentation by individual to satisfy employment reporting requirements according to MBA CSEA standards for reporting Specialty Master’s employment outcomes.
- Engage with organizations in the US and China that can provide opportunities for students seeking employment in the US, Asia, or other global locations.
- Assist School in fostering connections with and amongst the UR/Simon community in finance.
- Work independently and with MBA business development team on bringing companies that hire MSF/MSA students to campus, and facilitating alumni virtual networking, presentations or interviewing.
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Assist with management of student workers focused on MS candidates
- Assist with online and print promotional activities for CMC
- Serve as lCMC iaison to Admissions and MSF academic program for candidate selection and curricular advice respectively
- Staff meetings and projects as assigned.
- Master's degree in relevant discipline (finance/accounting) or MBA required
- Three or more years relevant work experience in industry; student advising, career services, recruiting, staffing or other similar area preferred
- Proven ability to develop, deliver, and assess career-relevant workshops, presentations, and special events/programs
- Commitment to helping to develop others and their careers
- Intermediate Excel or higher
- Must be able to travel within the US and internationally
- Ability to read, write and speak Mandarin a plus
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: MS Career Consultant-Accounting & Finance
Location: Simon Grad School Business
Job ID: 209852
Full/Part Time: Full-Time