University of Rochester Nurse Practitioner, Prim Care in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 044 Strong West Internal Medicine
Provides comprehensive care with an emphasis on health promotion and education in Primary Care setting. This includes identification, management, and/or referral of health problems in collaboration with various health care specialists. All assessments and medical planning of care are accomplished under the direction of the patient's attending physician.
- Provides direct patient care to patients from neonate through geriatrics, including prenatal and gynecologic care, according to community standards for clinical practice, primary care protocols, procedures and guidelines, and professional Nurse Practitioner standards for advanced clinical practice.
- Examines patients and prescribes treatment when indicated for individuals and families requiring acute and chronic health care, preventive and restorative care, and evaluation and care of physical, mental, and developmental function and capabilities.
- Collaborates with a variety of healthcare professionals being recognized as first-line resources to the attending physician regarding changes in a patient's condition.
- Assists physician in meeting the comprehensive primary care needs of patients, including but not limited to screenings, history, and physical exam and procedure preparation.
- Identifies appropriate referrals to specialists and/or community-based agencies.
- Meets with appointed physician or designee as needed for direction and feedback regarding patient care.
- Prescribes medications in accordance with established education and protocols.
- Counsels and educates patients, their families, and their caregivers on either self or direct care intended to maintain or restore physical or emotional health or function.
- Collaborates with physician and management to develop, implement and evaluate patient care standards and programs, clinical standards and policies.
- Develops practice protocol with physician and plans program enhancements based upon current research.
- Evaluates the quality of care provided by self and others.
Certification as a Nurse Practitioner registered in New York State. Prefer 2-3 years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner in family practice or other primary care setting. BLS for Healthcare provider- CPR required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner, Prim Care
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210220
Full/Part Time: Full-Time