University of Rochester Occupational Therapist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Occupational Therapy
7 AM-3:30 PM; WKENDS/HOL
Plans and carries out programs of occupational therapy for individuals based on the diagnosis and evaluation of the physician to facilitate rehabilitation of the mentally or physically ill patients.
- Under general supervision and with latitude for independent judgment:
- Evaluates the patients' functional abilities and disabilities by tests, observations and from information provided by family members, physician, nursing staff and the like.
- Plans and carries out program of therapy involving such activities as mural arts and crafts, practice in homemaking skills and activities of daily living to help patients regain physical or mental functioning or adjust to their handicaps. Consults and coordinates with physicians and other areas within the hospital.
- Instructs and counsels patients and family in the use of equipment and techniques; evaluated home facilities, suggests needed adaptations and resources in preparation for patient discharge.
- Maintains required patient and department records.
- Assists in directing, guiding and evaluating medical paramedical students in the unit.
- Purchases supplies and equipment as needed and maintains in good functional order.
- Keeps current in the field by reading, attending professional meetings and seminars and the like.
Completion of both didactic and clinical requirements and graduation form curriculum approved by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association in collaboration with the American Occupational Therapy Association. Must be licensed by New York State.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210221
Full/Part Time: Full-Time