University of Rochester Outpatient Access Specialist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Cancer Center M&D;
With minimum direction and considerable latitude for independent judgment, performs routine and non-routine duties requiring highly advanced secretarial skills and proficiency. Is responsible for considerable departmental administrative details and duties requiring extensive experience with policies, procedures and practices of the University. Coordinates functions associated with visits for Integrative Oncology in an accurate, efficient, and customer friendly manner. Performs a variety of tasks in support of patient care at the Integrative Oncology Center affecting the comfort, care and safety of patients.
- Appointment scheduling: Maintains and updates appointment scheduling including provider and room schedules. Monitors for changes in availability and overbooking, and coordinates cancellations and no shows.
- Answers the phone and responds to patients need for information, appointment booking and taking of messages.
- Manages payment and use of vouchers to ensure that patient’s donations are processed and handled efficiently and appropriately. Furnishes factual reports and information about the business of the department, grant and budget accounts.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, room needs and equipment to ensure a smooth and efficient operation including escorting patients to rooms, readying rooms for services and managing linens.
- Implements standard infection prevention measures such as proper hand hygiene and contact/isolation precautions according to established protocols.
- Types summary or verbatim transcripts of administrative meetings. Occasionally serves as recording secretary at meetings; prepares and types minutes.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
2 years of post-high school education and 3 years related work experience in a medical setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Medical terminology experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to word process documents and enter data into a database. Demonstrated skills related to achievement of customer satisfaction. Demonstrates the ICARE values to patient, families and staff. Ability to act as a resource to less experienced staff
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Outpatient Access Specialist
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 210109
Full/Part Time: Full-Time