University of Rochester Project Asst in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 001 Pharmacy SMH
Employee will assist the pharmacist, focusing on quality and accuracy, patient care and customer service. Under the supervision of a pharmacist, and consistent with state, federal and local regulations, prepare medication orders for final check by the pharmacist. This includes, but is not limited to, processing orders through the pharmacy computer system, identification of patient in the hospital, entering patient information into the computer system and physically preparing the drug product (doses) for the pharmacist’s review/final check prior to delivery to patient care areas.
The employee will be responsible for independently maintaining work flow under the supervision of a pharmacist. This may include, but is not limited to: identifying work to be finished, completing distribution tasks, informing the pharmacist when leaving the work area, updating them on work in progress, and helping the pharmacist to establish work priorities.Significant training is provided prior to independent work shifts.
- Prepare medication orders with oversight of the pharmacist
- Fill unit dose carts according to patient profiles generated by the computer and automated medication dispensing equipment
- Make sure medications are delivered to patient care areas in a timely manner; by pneumatic tubes, cart delivery, or hand-carrying
- Perform monthly nursing unit inspections for quality assurance
- Communicate any immediate problems to a supervisor for correction
- Monitor inventory levels
- Interact with staff members, completing other duties as assigned by pharmacists or supervisor
- Basic understanding of computers and data entry. Use of calculators; portable carts; scales; and machines used for counting, mixing, homogenizing, filling, label marking, labeling, packaging, autoclaving, capping and heat sealing; and any other equipment which may be required for the job.
- Enrolled in high school or graduate, at least 16 years of age
- Employment certificate/work permit for candidate less than 18 years old
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Provide proper and timely notification to supervisor of scheduled and unscheduled absences; in accordance with department protocol
- Maintain professional appearance according to department dress code
- Take initiative to work independently with minimal direction
- Effectively communicate questions, concerns and suggestions to supervisor
- Work effectively with people of diverse cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Adhere to standard procedures
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA standard
- Understand and carryout oral and written instructions
- Perform other duties as assigned
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Project Asst
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209408
Full/Part Time: TAR