University of Rochester Project Asst in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 001 Sterile Processing Department
The sterile processing department is a service within the hospital in which medical/surgical supplies and equipment, both sterile and non-sterile, are cleaned, prepared, processed, stored, and issued for patient care. Students will work on special projects per department needs (example: photographing and organizing surgical instruments). Significant training is provided prior to independent work shifts.
- Photograph and organizes the surgical instruments
- Upload photographs of instruments into MPD computer system.
- Work with staff to develop efficient surgical instrument organization protocols
- Enrolled in high school or graduate, at least 16 years of age
- Employment certificate/work permit for candidate less than 18 years old
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Arrive on time as scheduled
- Provide proper and timely notification to supervisor of scheduled and unscheduled absences; in accordance with department protocol
- Maintain professional appearance according to department dress code
- Take initiative to work independently with minimal direction
- Effectively communicate questions, concerns and suggestions to supervisor
- Work effectively with people of diverse cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Adhere to standard procedures
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA standard
- Understand and carryout oral and written instructions
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Project Asst
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209971