University of Rochester Project Nurse in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 044 CVSL - QA SMH
8 AM-4:30 PM
The Project Coordinator performs concurrent reviews and data abstraction on patients in SMH and HH for purposes of ensuring completion and compliance with the VQI Registry, and quality improvement projects related to the cardiovascular service line. The position reviews the medical records and works to identify patients who meet registry inclusion criteria. After identification of patients, all data elements are abstracted per registry requirements. The Project coordinator facilitates appropriate actions to abstract data elements for the registry and demonstrates subject matter expertise in the data definitions and elements within the registry. Also responsible for planning, building and implementing structured clinical documentation notes. The Project Coordinator completes case reviews for patient morbidities/mortalities, maintains a dashboard to track complications for trending purposes, and collaborates with a multidisciplinary team to formulate/implement process improvements for SMH and HH. Works with the Hospital Quality Office to appropriately report adverse events and take further action when necessary. Reports data to the Department of Surgery as requested. Assists with other office tasks as needed.
- Clinical knowledge: Data collection for registries and identification of areas for quality improvement require clinical knowledge and understanding of patient care. The candidate should have clinical understanding in the cardiovascular field.
- Computer Knowledge: The ability to learn and use new software and web applications for data entry and report generation. This position also involves planning, building, and implementing structured clinical documentation notes/order sets with the facility’s electronic medical record for CVSL quality assurance-related purposes. Experience with MS Office and basic statistical skills is necessary.
- Hospital Systems Knowledge: The ability to track down information through various sources including clinics, outside hospitals, Office of Clinical Practice Evaluation, and medical records. The candidate should have some experience gathering information in a complex hospital system environment.
- Hospital Departmental Knowledge: The ability to identify opportunities to feedback VQI and internally tracked data to relevant groups or meetings (includes: M&M;, infection control, quality management, Department of Surgery, Heart and Vascular QA subcommittee, and administration)
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing/Licensed in New York State as a Registered Nurse
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills and ability to work independently under general directions.
- Minimum two (2) years of cardiovascular or Critical Care experience showing progressive level of knowledge within areas of responsibility, as well as a minimum of 2 years of data collection, process and analysis preferred.
- Ability to interact with all members of Heart and Vascular Service Line including Surgeon Champions, Physicians, and administrative staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record building strongly preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Project Nurse
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209431
Full/Part Time: Full-Time