University of Rochester Project Nurse in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 044 SON Ctr Nursg Entrepreneurship
7AM-7PM; OCC WKENDS
Position Summary – Are you looking to expand your expertise and practice to the full scope of your license in a supportive and collaborative environment? Then a nursing positon in Passport Health may be just what you are looking for. The Project Nurse in Passport Health (travel medicine program) at the University Of Rochester School Of Nursing works independently in seeing and managing cleints who are preparing for overseas travel. Nurses rely on protocols but exercise professional judgement when developing and executing the plan of care. The nurse provides comprehensive patient care/ client services with a focus on customer service excellence and clinical expertise. The nurse works collaboratively with the program and School of Nursing leadership to assure efficiency of service delivery and coordination of care in multiple settings. The nurse will work in both the Rochester and Syracuse offices.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities*:*
Passport Health Program: The nurse will provide immunizations and travel health counseling; develop a plan of care including vaccine administration and prescription medications based on the clients health history, travel itinerary; develop a plan of care using standing orders and where needed, consult with the Passport Health Medical Director as appropriate.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Review patient health history, immunization and vaccination records and travel itinerary to provide detailed, personalized recommendations regarding travel.
- Review patient-specific written and standing orders, including recommendations for administration of vaccines and immunizations.
- Review geography, activity and seasonally specific health risks indicated by traveler’s itinerary.
- Vaccinate cleints appropriately based on travel itinerary and current protocols.
- Educate patients about travel specific to their itinerary.
- Advise clients in appropriate actions to take to help mitigate health risks.
- Participate in training for travel medicine standards of care for all travel vaccinations.
- Comply with recording and documentation standards (for example, NYSIS).
- Participate in QA activities and make recommendation to improve practice.
- Remain current in all relevant information about travel medicine, vaccinations and evidence based standards of care.
- Review privacy laws, vaccine safety and efficacy information, travel advisories and other job-critical information at monthly meetings.
- Use the electronic medical record appropriately for documentations and follow up care.
- Work collaboratively with peers in problem solving.
- Assure standard of care for all clients.
- Provide care to individuals, families and travel groups as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings.
Other duties as assigned.
Skills Required* –*Effective and courteous communication with patients, staff and liaisons from outside organizations. Ability to efficiently coordinate with the Program Administrator and Program Directors. Position requires ability to multi-task, to function independently or as part of a team, flexibility, and problem-solving ability in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude. Basic computer skills are essential. Must have reliable transportation for travel to offsite travel clinics.
Educational Requirements –Registered Nurse with BSN degree preferred, and must possess current CPR certification.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Project Nurse
Location: School of Nursing
Job ID: 210097
Full/Part Time: Full-Time