University of Rochester Reporting & Analytics - Prog Analyst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 University IT / EA
8 AM-5 PM
The University of Rochester is recruiting an Analyst/Programmer to work in University Information Technology. This person will work on the design, development, configuration, testing, implementation, maintenance, security of reporting and associated applications supporting the core University systems and applications that support the University. This person will also serve as a backup report administrator for the primary application tools.
- Work with users to understand and document reporting requirements. Assist in the translation of the business requirements into report objects with appropriate security comprehended.
- Develop and enable solutions (reports, visualizations) to support the University’s goals.
- Perform analysis activities and create/participate in the creation of the functional specification under the direction of more senior applications development staff.
- Prepare necessary paperwork and documentation to ensure conformance to departmental/corporate standards and procedures
- Execute unit tests. Work closely with application testers on the preparation of test plans, test data and integrated unit testing.
- Coordinate with other resources (programmers, analysts) to achieve goals and collaborate for solutions.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of technology, equipment, and/or systems. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Perform other related duties, including presentation of seminars, courses and instruction on computer services as required.
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in a related discipline; 2 to 4 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven customer oriented approach to problem solving
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and meet required deadlines
- Ability to contribute both individually and as part of or technically leading a team
- Ability to translate business needs into solution requirements.
- Experience in SQL Server, Oracle database technologies
- Experience with SQL programming code development for data mining uses
- Ability to provide on-call support as required.
- 2 years + experience with BI and data visualization tools, specifically Tableau and IBM Cognos BI
- Master’s degree in related discipline
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Reporting & Analytics - Prog Analyst
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 209517
Full/Part Time: Full-Time