University of Rochester RN, Primary Care in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 044 N Ponds Fam Med-Maternal Care
Provides direct patient care, documentation, administration of medications, minor laboratory testing, and communicates with patients, health care providers, pharmacies and vendors within the scope of practice intended by the Licensed Registered Nurse regulations of the New York State Nurse Practice Act.
- Under general direction and with latitude for independent judgment makes decisions regarding urgency of needs, and triages emergent care situations to the appropriate care provider. Collaborates with residents, physicians, and social workers in clinical decision making and follows up on patient care needs.
- Practices within the scope of practice intended by the Licensed Registered Nurse regulations of the New York State Nurse Practice Act.
- Provides direct patient care to families according to community standards for outpatient care, Primary Care Network protocols, procedures and guidelines, and professional nursing standards of care.
- Telephone triage utilizing professional nursing assessment skills and identified triage standards in decision- making regarding the urgency of patient needs.
- Telephone follow-up with patients utilizing professional nursing assessment skills and/or as directed by providers.
- Administers treatments and medications, patient teaching and health education directly to patients in collaboration with provider visits.
- Documents all patient interactions.
- Supervises LPNs and medical assistants as assigned.
- Participates in formal and informal residency education during patient care sessions, team meetings.
- Performs other tasks as requested or assigned to the function of registered nurse.
Certification as a Licensed Registered Nurse in New York State; BSN preferred. One to two years of experience in direct nursing care preferred. Experience with patients of all ages preferred. Ambulatory care and telephone triage experience preferred. Computer literacy essential. NYS Licensed RN, CPR, BLS for Healthcare Providers (AHA). Must successfully pass medication administration proficiency exam. Effective interpersonal communication and problem solving skills. Ability to work collaboratively and courteously with others.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: RN, Primary Care
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210235
Full/Part Time: Full-Time