University of Rochester RN, Primary Care in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 044 Canalside Family Medicine
*Position Summary: *
Provides direct patient care, documentation, administration of medications, minor laboratory testing, and communicates with patients, health care providers, pharmacies and vendors within the scope of practice intended by the Licensed Registered Nurse regulations of the New York State Nurse Practice Act. Makes decisions regarding urgency of needs, and triages emergent care situations to the appropriate care provider. Collaborates with residents, physicians, and social workers in clinical decision making and follows up on patient care needs.
Essential Job Functions:
Practices within the scope of practice intended by the Licensed Registered Nurse regulations of the New York State Nurse Practice Act.
Provides direct patient care to families according to community standards for outpatient care, Primary Care Network protocols, procedures and guidelines, and professional nursing standards of care.
Telephone triage utilizing professional nursing assessment skills and identified triage standards in decision-making regarding the urgency of patient needs.
Telephone follow-up with patients utilizing professional nursing assessment skills and/or as directed by providers.
Administers treatments and medications, patient teaching and health education directly to patients in collaboration with provider visits.
Documents all patient interactions.
Supervises LPNs and medical assistants as assigned.
Performs other tasks as requested or assigned to the function of registered nurse.
Tasks completed on a less than frequent basis:
- Participates in staff meetings to improve efficiency of delivery of quality health care to patients. Makes recommendations and assists with implementation and evaluation of the recommendations agreed upon.
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of quality improvement programs at the practice.
- Management and coordination of medical supplies and medications, as assigned.
- Follows regulatory and accreditating agency regulations, standards, processes and guidleines.
- Performs other tasks as requested or assigned to the function of Registered Nurse.
- Education: Has fulfilled the requirements to be a Licensed Registered Nurse in NY State; BSN preferred.
- Experience (minimum required): Two to three years experience in direct nursing care; experience with patients of all ages preferred. Ambulatory care and telephone triage experience preferred. Computer literacy essential.
- License/Certification Required:NYS Licensed RN, CPR (AHA)
- Skills (to include equipment, software, etc.): Effective interpersonal communication and problem solving skills. Ability to work collaboratively and courteously with others.
- Must pass a medication exam- CNET Test
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: RN, Primary Care
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210780
Full/Part Time: Full-Time