University of Rochester Secretary III in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Medicine M&D; - Palliative Care
7:45 AM-5 PM
Provide secretarial support to the Palliative Care onsite and regional clinical programs, as well as the faculty, fellows and administrator. Duties to include practice billing, telephone triage, appointment scheduling, clinic support, specialist referrals, prescription processing, data management, general office duties, and provide coverage to maintain office operations during staff absences.
- Patient Scheduling and Visits – Using eRecord, assist in coordinating new patient and follow up scheduling for multiple providers and fellows. Process new referrals from the eRecord work queue, including prior authorization and interpreter services if needed.Meet and greet patients/families in clinic setting and obtain necessary signatures on registration documents.Transfer ISTOP database informationto the clinical appointments encounter.
- Telephone Triage – Prioritize messages to ensure timely transmission of all requests and messages according to clinical urgency, and take appropriate action.Assist providers with prescription processing in eRecord by entering patient phone requests and refills, hospice orders, and pharmacy queries.Initiate and follow up on the required pre-authorization process.Follow through in a timely manner for prescription requests that require emergency management.
- Billing- Data entry for practice billing.Utilizing eRecord , enter billing codes, diagnosesand submit data spreadsheet daily to Medicine billing office.Follow up with providers and Hospice agencies to ensure accurate data entry and ICD coding.Assist with problem solving as needed by the Medicine Billing Office.
- Other Clinical Duties – prepare and track health information records for scanning into eRecord.
- Bereavement card mailings; Mail pick up, drop off and distribution. Provide secretarial support to faculty and administrative staff, and perform other duties as needed.
- Assist Fellowship/Education Coordinator with conferences, special events, and other CME activities.
2 years of post high school education: secretarial or word processing studies, or the equivalent. Requires excellent medical terminology and computer skills, and at least two years of experience in a medical office setting or the equivalent.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary III
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 210166
Full/Part Time: Full-Time