University of Rochester Secretary III in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Solid Organ Transplant SMH
With general direction and latitude for initiative and judgment, performs routine and non-routine administrative duties to facilitate communication and flow of information within the office. Perform office duties for a highly complex patient population which would include phones, scanning mail and coverage for other support staff. Requires knowledge of UNOS and CMS regulations to ensure program compliance.
- Triage phone calls,and retrieve voicemail messages, determine urgency and take appropriate action
- Document phone calls in eRecord system
- Participate in the phone answering system (ACD) to ensure patient phone calls are being addressed in a timely manner
Office Correspondence/Medical Record Management
- Delivery, pick-up and distribution of all incoming and outgoing mail (and monthly surgical mail rotation).
- Send and retrieve all post transplant record requests
- Iron Mountain – send and retrieve medical records
- Sort and deliver all faxes
- Check tube station periodically and distribute incoming
- Receive signed physician orders and fax/mail and scan
- Check and replenish paper in fac/copier and fax machine
¿Lab Entry - Assist with Liver and Kidney Labs
- Receive and sort daily laboratory results sent by fax and mail from outside laboratories. Conntact outside facilities by telephone to obtain results not received
- REcord laboratory values in eRecord (and OTTR) for daily review by clinical team. Hold lab results until complete, retrieve pending results
- Access Lab system interfaces (such as Quest, ACM) on the internet for patient results
- Assist coordinators with scheduling home draws for patients, adding tests and placing orders for eRecord
- Report critical lab values to coordinators
- Urgent scanning as needed which consists of scanning, indexing and quality assurance for eRecord management
- For scanning that will be sent to centralized scanning, use knowledge of transplant practices to sort, organize and batch medical record documentation into appropriate categories and tabs to facilitate meaningful scanning of transplant patient medical information.
Support Staff Coverage
- Assist other staff with routine and non-routine administrative duties as directed
- Attend monthly staff meeting, QAPI meetings, and other meetings as requested
2 years of post high school education: secretarial or word processing studies, or the equivalent. At least 2 years of secretarial, word processing and practical office experience with demonstrated ability to work with limited direction and to direct the work of word processors or clerical assistants. Advanced secretarial or word processing skills. The ability to take dictation at 100 words per minute and to transcribe at 55 words per minute. The ability to operate standard office machines and word processing equipment.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary III
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209448
Full/Part Time: Full-Time