University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Surgical Pathology SMH
With minimal direction and considerable latitude for independent judgment performs routine and nonroutine administrative secretarial duties primarily providing support for a subset of department faculty in their role as teacher, clinician, researcher and scholar. Responsibilities consist of clerical duties including but not limited to tumor board/conference preparation, quality assurance data capture and audits, arranging conference rooms and amenities for meetings and conferences, arranging travel, preparation and submission of expense and reimbursement forms, proofreading, and Excel and Powerpoint presentation preparation.
- Provides administrative clerical assistance to the academic and research efforts of the assigned faculty. Composes and types correspondence, performs library and computer searches, types scientific papers and course material, updates curriculum vitae and eCV, and provides general support with publication efforts with strict attention to detail and accuracy. Interacts with faculty, graduate and undergraduate students, physicians and staff of the Medical Center. Stays up-todate with medical center and hospital policies and procedures.
- Keeps track of licensure paperwork, maintenance certifications, CoQs, hospital privileges, etc.
- Makes travel arrangements and reservations; prepares itineraries for interviews and travel; completes expense and reimbursement forms.
- Manages calendar and contacts for faculty.
- Manages recurring pathology review conferences by preparing reports and slides.
- Produces and maintains department quality assurance records including performing audits for billing accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Covers for other clerical staff during absences, and performs other duties as assigned by the Administrative Assistant Lead and assigned faculty.
Two years post high school education (secretarial or word processing studies); experience in an office setting or equivalent; a combination of education and experience. Familiarity with medical terminology. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint). Detail oriented and organized.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209794
Full/Part Time: Full-Time