University of Rochester Social Worker Asst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Social Work Division SMH
Under general direction, but with significant independence, the Health Home Care Manager provides comprehensive care management services to patients of Strong Internal Medicine (SIM) who are referred by providers within the practice, the Greater Rochester Health Home Network (GRHHN), the Health Home of Upstate New York (HHUNY).
The Health Home Care Manager will perform professional, consultative, investigative, advisory and education activities for patients and families, site staff, and collaborative community agencies. Consistent with New York State regulations and policies for the provision of Health Home services the Health Home Care Manager conducts patient level data analyses to track patient adherence with treatment protocols and performs non clinical interventions to assist patients in developing service plans to overcome barriers to access and care. The Care Manager communicates and collaborates regularly with patients, physicians, community agencies and office staff to adapt and refine and address support mobilization as needed.
- The social worker must have a BSW from an accredited social work program
- Optimally 5 years experience in a clinical setting (some ambulatory care experience preferred).
- Excellent communication and team skills including ability to form strong collaborative interdisciplinary partnerships across care settings.
- Sound computer knowledge and skills including an aptitude for using health information technology to guide activities.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Creativity and strong organizational skills.
- Valid NYS driver's license including access to reliable transportation that enables fulfillment of position's travel requirements.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Social Worker Asst
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210778
Full/Part Time: Full-Time