University of Rochester Social Worker (S) in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 000 Social Work Division SMH
The social worker is responsible for providing social work services to a patient care unit in instances when the unit's assigned social worker is unavailable for a significant period of time. These instances may include but are not limited to: extended absence due to disability or sick leave; vacancy due to resignation and prior to hiring of a replacement. The services provided by the social worker will be the essential services provided by the social worker of the patient care unit for whom this social worker is providing coverage.
- Participates in Social Work Division tasks and committees as assigned to develop policies, procedures, information and recommendations for the social work program.
- Participates in Social Work Division and social work unit staff meetings.
- Participates in social work supervision/consultation about his/her work in accordance with plan developed with supervisor.
- Participates in required activities of the Social Work Division and hospital, including but not limited to, timely completion of statistical reports/forms, timesheets and other hospital or division forms; mandatory in-service training programs and University Health Service reviews.
- Performs essential social work activities described in the job description of the social worker for whom this social worker is providing coverage.
- Participates in relevant training and educational opportunities designed to enhance knowledge and skills in protective work.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of hospital and community resources relevant to the needs of Strong Memorial Hospital patients and their families.
- Documents all activities in the patient's medical chart in accordance with Social Work Division policy and procedure.
- Provides coverage services as requested during the absence of co-workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The social worker must have an MSW from an accredited social work graduate program and must obtain New York State Certification (LMSW) within eighteen months of employment. Experience is preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Social Worker (S)
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 211413
Full/Part Time: Full-Time