University of Rochester Spanish Interpreter in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 006 Interpreter Services
12 AM-8:30 AM
The After Hours Spanish Language interpreter provides interpreting services for all clinical and professional UR Medicine staff, patients and family members/significant others who are with the patient. The After Hours Interpreter will service the hours and days specified by the needs of the hospital on a flexible basis as determined by the Manager of interpreter Services.
- Completes scheduled training and other required staff activities.
- Yearly mandatory online policy and procedure training
- Yearly health updates
- Attends staff meetings
- Other training/activities as necessary
- Completes all paperwork and administrative duties.
- eRecord completed at the end of each patient interaction
- On-Call and scheduled patient documentation
- Education provided to inpatient units as needed
- Yearly certification update (if applicable)
- Professional development transcript
- Other paperwork as necessary
- Performs clinical duties.
- During shifts, interpreter carries a pager and Interpreter Cell Phone assigned by the hospital responding to all pages/calls immediately.
- Interpreter interprets all assignments in a timely and professional manner in accordance with hospital policy.
- Experience interpreting in a health care setting is required.
- Minimum of 48 hours training in Medical Interpreting preferred.
- Certification by IMIA, CCHI, NCIHC or AT A preferred at time of employment or within 18 months of employment.
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Spanish Interpreter
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 211326
Full/Part Time: Full-Time