University of Rochester Staff Accountant in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Auxiliary Operations
8:30 AM-5 PM
Auxiliary Operations is a multi-million dollar entity of the University of Rochester. The department is responsible for dining services, vending, the campus bookstores and the One Card. The Staff Accountant supports all of those functions.
Month End Close
- Run Blackboard queries, write month end journal entries to distribute One Card sales transactions to the proper departments, create invoices for Crickler Vending and Barnes & Noble so that they will be reimbursed for Blackboard transactions, bill Aramark for Cash, Credit, Starbucks Card, Country Club and Direct Bill Catering invoices.
- Verify month end ledger balances with the Aramark Controller.
- Provide month end reports to the Director of Auxiliary Operations and the Aramark Controller.
General Ledger Accounting
- Receive the monthly general ledger printouts, review for errors and make correcting entries when needed. Make sure all submitted journal entries to Central Finance were posted to the ledger.
- Reconcile monthly payroll for dining employees (Union, Students, etc.) between the general ledger and Aramark's monthly Financial Statements.
- Monthly reconciliation of all "O" or Holding Accounts.
- Create monthly reports for six capital accounts by recording all capital spending transactions and reconcile the totals with the general ledger.
- Write journal entries as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Review journal entries submitted by the Card Office before submission to Central Finance.
- Receive, record and deposit checks from various companies.
- Process various invoices and RFP's for payment by Accounts Payable.
- Review maintenance charges to all dining locations for accuracy and determine if any of them should be reclassed to the Dining capital account.
- Review monthly telephone bills and check the totals with the general ledger.
- Write Purchase Orders.
Dining Contract with Aramark
- Receive four monthly invoices with backup from the Aramark Controller. Review the invoices and all back up documentation for accuracy. Get approval of the Director and submit the invoices to Accounts Payable for payment to Aramark.
- Review Financial Projections done by the Aramark Controller.
- Process weekly batch of Catering Invoices, Blue Reqs. and Meal Tickets submitted by Aramark. Write a journal entry for each of these events to charge the proper University department. Maintain a database of all submitted transactions and keep track of Catering Invoices awaiting an account number to charge.
- Receive bi-weekly Dining payroll file, covert it to Excel and break up the file into Union Employees, Students, Time As Reported and Temp. Employees. The Excel file is then forwarded to the Aramark Controller.
Bbq Card Accounting
- Receive daily Bb 1 merchant sales reports and reconcile with the Blackboard database.
- Perform a monthly reconciliation of the Chase Bbl bank account with the University's Blackboard database, Pepsi's Blackboard database and the general ledger.
- Submit a monthly EFT Transfer Form to return the Chase account balance to$100,000.00.
- Use the monthly Pepsi Vending Sales & Commission Report and Crickler' s Vending Sales & Commission Report to distribute vending commissions to internal departments via journal entries and external agencies via Request for Payment Forms.
- Bill Pepsi annually for Pouring Rights.
- Invoice Barnes & Noble for reimbursable charges that post to the Auxiliary Operations ledger.
- Receive monthly commission payments and sales reports from Barnes & Noble. Verify commission amount by comparing the sales reports to internal computer generated Barnes & Noble sales reports.
- Review Barnes & Noble billings of various University departments by comparing 312 Requisitions written by each department with the Barnes & Noble charges.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, and 1 year of professional accounting experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Central Admin-Sr VP & CFO
Job ID: 211342
Full/Part Time: Full-Time