University of Rochester Supvr Technical, Lab Med in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Automated Lab
The Supervisor provides daily supervision of overall laboratory operations in the Automated Laboratory and functions as a Technical Specialist/Technologist, as necessary. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews laboratory results to ensure adherence to quality assurance procedures. Monitors and reviews QC data (including Respiratory Therapy locations); troubleshoots and resolves QC issues Participates in the Personnel interview, selection and hiring processes for the laboratory.
- Participates in the Personnel interview, selection and hiring processes for the laboratory.
- Performs all duties of a Technologist or MT II, as necessary.
- Monitors supply inventory for general chemistry procedures. Participates in or oversees special projects, workup of new procedures/analyzers, maintenance and troubleshooting of procedures/analyzers, documentation of reagent lot changes/calibrations, calibration verification/linearity validation, equipment maintenance and procedure manual development, review and update.
- Provides oversight of training and competency documentation in General Hematology procedures. Ensures that staff are competent in performance of procedures.
- Evaluates performance of technologists, providing daily counseling and constructive feedback on their performance. Accountable for the professional conduct and technical performance of staff under his/her supervision. Recommends personnel action to include promotions, disciplinary action, warnings and termination.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing. Is especially responsible for communicating patient care problems to fellow supervisors, residents, technologists, and/or section Director.
- Participates in meetings to help formulate and administer laboratory policies and procedures.
MS in Clinical Chemistry, Medical Technology, or equivalent plus 4 years of clinical laboratory experience; or a BSMT plus 6 years of clinical laboratory experience; or BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology and at least 7 years of relevant clinical laboratory experience; or an AAS with a total of 90 credit hours (per NYS distribution requirements) and at least 7 years of relevant clinical laboratory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Supvr Technical, Lab Med
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210209
Full/Part Time: Full-Time