University of Rochester UR Financials Integrator in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 University IT/EA
8 AM-5 PM
The University of Rochester is recruiting an Analyst/Programmer to work in University Information Technology as part of the team that supports the financial systems. This person will work onthe design, development, configuration, testing, implementation, maintenance, security of applications supporting the core University Finance systems (includes Procurement) both cloud-based and on premise.
- Work with users to understand and document business requirements. Assist in the translation of the business requirements into configurable software components and rules.
- Develop and enable solutions to interact with cloud-based solutions.
- Perform analysis activities and create/participate in the creation of the functional specification under the direction of more senior applications development staff.
- Develop project plans and estimates for programming design, development and testing activities.
- Perform program-level design activities (program flows, logic, file/database changes, etc). Create/participate in the creation of the system design specification under the direction of a more senior developer. Attend system design reviews and code walkthroughs
- Participate in the configuration and testing of the proof of concept activities and associated tools in the areas of Enterprise Application Integration, Identity Management and Business Process Modeling and Automation.
- Prepare necessary paperwork and documentation to ensure conformance to departmental/corporate standards and procedures for projects and operational documentation.
- Execute unit tests. Work closely with application testers on the preparation of test plans, test data and integrated unit testing.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of technology, equipment, and/or systems. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Communicate with end-users in regards to project-related activities and operational updates.
- Provide operational support.
Demonstration of the following knowledge and skills is expected:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven customer oriented approach to problem solving
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to contribute both individually and as part of or technically leading a team.
- Ability to translate business needs into solution requirements.
- Good understanding of the basics of OO programming required.
- Experience in .Net programming required.
- Experience in Java programming preferred.
- Experience with RESTful API’s.
- Good understanding Intranet based applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Oracle, on Unix DBMS environments.
- Experience with SQL programming.
- Ability to provide on-call support as required.
- Finance experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline. 2 to 5 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Experience in higher education field preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: UR Financials Integrator
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 210051
Full/Part Time: Full-Time